The solutions architect will focus on 3 main areas:
- Strategy: Working closely with product & engineering leadership across the organisation to design and plan technical solutions to support critical business initiatives.
- Leadership: They will establish patterns and best practices to develop maturity in architecture across all teams in the organization.
- R&D: Taking the lead in research & development of new technologies and addressing major technical challenges within the organization.
- Guides the strategic design and architecture of new and existing systems across multiple environments and business units in line with the corporate objectives and principles
- Lead special projects to research & develop solutions to address major challenges or opportunities.
- Lead solutioning, ideation, and design processes with engineering & product teams.
- Establishing and implementing standards for technical design and architecture
- Sets high level direction based on knowledge of technology standards, and alignment to our business
- Work closely with the platform team in the design of a high performing suite of services and integrations
- Assist in defining the vision and requirements for the solution, recommending potential options, and conducting buy vs build analysis.
- Communicates the architecture to the stakeholders and collaborates and coordinates with existing domain architects in the formalization and adoption of IT standards and procedures.
- Directly assists in the development of a solutions architecture program including departmental roadmaps and project portfolios for systems architecture.
- Ensures solutions not only are a fit for the specific purpose but also closely align with the established principles and guidelines for the organization.
- Experience designing highly performant scalable and extensible backend architectures, congruent with micro services topologies.
- Good understanding of design considerations for asynchronous/synchronous backend services, interoperability of these systems, message brokers, event streaming technologies, and related protocols.
- Capacity to analyse legacy systems architectures, identify deficits, and develop a progressive approach to modernize and improve the reference architecture.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or technology related field
- Proven experience in engineering and software architecture design. Specifically in the area of high-performance service oriented & event driven systems.
- 8+ years of software engineering experience with knowledge of multiple programming languages/frameworks (C# .NET, Golang, Node.js, Java)
- Expert knowledge of Domain Driven Design
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and ability to produce artefacts describing complex systems & concepts
- Strong architectural background (must have broad experience in multiple languages, platforms, databases etc.)
- Experience and expertise with Agile & DevOps methodologies and tools
- Expert in working within cloud-native environments (AWS, Azure)
- Experience in Kubernetes, docker and Redhat Openshift
- Ability to develop and leverage strategic business relationships across the organization and externally
- Open to international travel 4-5 times per year.