What does APSI do?
APSI is a privately owned company based in Waterford, Ireland. We provide software development and related consulting services. You can learn more about Threefold Systems in the About Us section of our Website.
What personal information does APSI collect and why?
We collect information through our website, pubsvs.ie, in order to allow us to respond to your contact requests or job applications and to personalise and improve your experience of our Website. All such information is held on secure servers.
We only use personal data you have given us or that we have collected from you when you visit our Website. We do not obtain personal information from or sell it to third parties. We never release your personal information to others for their mailing or marketing purposes.
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into two categories:
- Information that you provide
We may ask you to provide personal information in order to provide our services to you. This includes asking you to provide your contact details, so we may contact you in response to your query.
The personal information you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are being asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point you are asked to provide it.
- Information that we collect automatically
When you visit our website, we may collect certain information automatically from your device.
The data we collect may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website including the pages accessed and links clicked.
We collect this information, so we can better understand the visitors who come to our Website and what content may be of interest to them. Using the information allows us to improve the quality and relevance of our Website.
Who does APSI share my personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to reputable third party service providers who provide software as a service to Threefold Digital. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes. In addition, they must process the personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws. A list of these providers along with a short summary of the services they provide can be found here:
- Dropbox – SaaS file storage and collaboration tool.
- TeamWork PM – SaaS Project Management System.
- NiftyQuoter – SaaS Project Quotation System.
- Mailchimp – SaaS Email marketing tool.
- Publishing Services LLC - data processing services we use including hosting and email servers.
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, or similar other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, or (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights; and
- to any other person with your consent.
Legal basis for processing personal information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the information concerned and the context in which we collect it.
We will normally collect personal information from you where:
- we need the personal information to perform a contract with you (for example, your email address when you send a contact request, or job application);
- the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights;
- We need the personal information to comply with our legal obligations (for example, our tax and audit requirements and other regulatory obligations)
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests, this will normally be to operate and improve our services, Website, and communications. It would also include responding to your queries, undertaking marketing, or detecting or preventing illegal activities. We may have other legitimate interests and, if appropriate, we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
How does APSI keep my personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. Internally, we restrict access to personal data on an as needed basis. Where we share data with third parties, we ensure that your data will be kept secure and will not be provided or sold to another party.
International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective).
Specifically, third party service providers operate in the United States and elsewhere around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided on our Contact Us page. We may not be able to delete your personal information if we have to retain it in order to comply with our legal obligations, to perform a task carried out in the public interest, to establish, exercise or defend any legal claims or to exercise our right of freedom of expression and information.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided on our Contact Us page.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you.
- If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact the Data Protection Commissioner at www.dataprotection.ie.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The data controller of your personal information is:
APSI, Confederation House, Waterford Business Park, Waterford, Ireland.